June Favorites | FreeSpiritized

Thursday, July 19, 2018


I haven't done one of these in what feels like years. I think these posts are a nice segway into coming out of blogger burnout/a creative funk. It gets the creative juices going and you can always look back at what was your favorite thing in the month. Nonetheless, June was a hectic month for me. I traveled somewhere or did something every single weekend and June was also a stressful month for me as well and I'll explain it all to you in one huge blog post coming soon. June was a month where I really began to get into makeup again. I began to play around with more eyeshadow and I finally mastered the cat-eye after YEARS of trying and that made me excited. June was truly a rollercoaster with firsts and I'm excited to share my favorites with all of you!

Here they are!




NYX WonderStick in Light/Medium

I've recently started wearing and playing around with makeup more frequently. I'm beginning to see what works for me and what doesn't and the products I want to try. I like contouring my face, but my powder contour wasn't cutting it. I wanted something more and this stick was it. It has a creamy consistency which makes my contour look more natural and makes my face look more chiseled. It's really easy to apply and I can take areas that I want instead of having bronzer all over my face. I'm not a fan of the highlighter because I think it's too chalky, but I highly recommend the contour. This is a 50/50 wonderstick.



Healing Crystals

I've always had an interest in the art of crystal healing. It fascinated me how crystals can just emit different types of energy and how it can affect your life. Although, I was interested in it, I was a little bit skeptical. I recently went to Wisconsin Dells and they had a little crystal shop where I bought all the healing crystals that they had. I really wanted to see how these crystals can affect my life in a positive way. I'll be doing a blog post all about what crystals that I have and their healing properties soon, but I believe that Rose Quartz which is a crystal for love and Aventurine which is a crystal for wealth, luck, and prosperity really worked for me.



Botanics Organic Eye-Brightening Roll On

I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately due to my online class, youtube, and my new obsession with kpop (more along the lines of this later in this post). So this product makes me not look like I've died and risen back from the dead. It really brightens your eyes and although it doesn't get rid of your dark eye circles completely, it diminishes them. This also makes my eyes feel less heavy and makes me feel more awake.

Provenance Beauty Rosehip and Avocado Facial Oil

I got this product about a year ago, around the time where there was a huge hype around them and I still use mine today. I use this facial oil around the summer time because I don't need a heavy moisturizer because my face is already sweating when I walk outside the door anyway. This oil leaves my skin feeling replenished and soft while looking glowy and radiant. Rosehip and Avacado oil are good for diminishing acne scars and just improving your skin in general. Also, It feels like I'm giving myself a little face massage while putting it on as well and that's always a plus.


Kpop

I'm a fangirl and I'm not afraid of putting it out there. I'm not one of those crazy fangirls that chase their favorite band or follow their every move on social media, I'm a pretty lowkey fangirl. With that being said, my best friend has been trying to get me into kpop for a good 3 years now and I just brushed her off. It wasn't until in June where I went down the kpop hole and became obsessed. I started listening to BTS (Blood, Sweat, Tears was on repeat for a good 3 days) and gradually started listening to more kpop groups. It's really interesting to see how these groups have their similarities and differences to groups from the west. I've been inspired by Korean culture and their fashion as well. I really recommend you listen to BTS, NCT, KARD, and EXO if you're looking for some new music to add to your summer playlists!

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and I'm happy that I'm slowly getting back to blogging.

*Also, Jimin and Jungkook from BTS kill me. thank you. bye.

Join the conversation!

  1. Great post! That Wonderstick looks like an amazing product - I should check it out next time I am in a Target :) I have also been into healing crystals recently, and I really need to buy some soon! I look forward to reading your post about them!!!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.