What To Do If You Have A Bad Day (or week)

Friday, January 26, 2018


I've recently had one of the worsts weeks of my life. It began with my laptop keyboard and mouse not working to running over a squirrel and let me tell you, that was terrible. My weeks are returning to normal and I'm happy that that week is behind me. I think everyone has had a bad day or week once in a while and you think that everything, everyone, and the world is against you.

So I made a list of a couple things that you can do to combat those bad days or in my case, a bad week. If I ever have a bad/week I always do the things that I've listed below.


1. Try To Find Something To Keep Your Brain Occupied

You can do anything. You can make a blog post, work on homework, listen to music etc. For that short period of time, you are able to forget the bad/week and focus on the task at hand. I think this personally works for me because I just forget about whatever I'm going through and focus on the project that I'm working on.

2. Go Somewhere

As the old saying goes, you can't escape your problems. I know you can't but hypothetically you can. You go somewhere to take your mind off of it. You can go to a coffee shop, a grocery store, a park etc. Go to a place where you know you're going to forget yesterday or today. I like going to Target because Target is a dangerous place for me and they have so many things that catch my attention that it's hard to think about your bad day/week.

3. Talk To Someone

My coworkers listen to me talk about my problems all the time and I have a lot of them. I always like to vent to people close to me because I keep everything in and that is not healthy at all. I told them about my bad week and they all said that everyone has those once in a while. They made me laugh and just by doing that made me believe that the world wasn't against me that whole week. You should find someone that you can trust and actually listens to what you're saying. My coworkers and my best friend are the ones that I go to air out my grievances.  If you just rant about your day/ week to someone. you just get it out of your system and that's really the best.

People have a bad week or like me, a bad week, once in awhile and that's ok. I believe that people need to experience the occasional bad day/week because then you can relieve all that stress that was bottled in. I think it's healthy to have that.

If you feel like your days are getting to a point where you need to seek professional help, please do.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and I hope all have an even better day. I'll see you all in my next blog post!

What Do You Do To Combat A Bad Day?

Join the conversation!

  1. I definitely curl up in bed and watch movies and then get an early night as I feel a good sleep really helps me when I've had a bad day. x

    http://paulamarieee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.