No Spend Feburary

Sunday, February 5, 2017



Hey Everyone,

I was cleaning my room the other day and I noticed that it was full of crap. It's full of things I barely ever use and I blame myself. I felt overwhelmed by it. I think it's second nature to impulse buy, but I am the definition of an impulse buyer. Don't even get me started on things on sale or if I have a coupon for it. Now that I need to save up my money for Costa Rica I need to stop buying unnecessary things. That's why I am going to do a No-Spend February. That's right! I am not going to buy anything that I don't need this whole entire month.

Here are some guidelines that I've created for myself:

Don't Buy:

-Food

Most of my money is spent on food. This isn't grocery shopping of any kind. This is chips, ice cream, chocolate, and any junk food you can think of. I need to stop. I have food at home that I bring to school and work. This also means going out to eat because that drains your money as well.

-Makeup

This is a tough one for me and I don't know why. I wear makeup maybe once or twice a week and somehow I manage to buy more makeup products than I actually use. This month I'm not going to buy any makeup products and just use up the products that I have now.

-Clothes

This is a no-brainer. I buy a lot of clothes and I only wear the same few things every week(which is weird I know). It doesn't match up. This month I'm not going to buy any clothes and just wear the clothes that I haven't worn in awhile.

-Starbucks

I have a Starbucks at my college so its every single time I walk buy it calls to me. Don't even get me started when I feel exhausted. I can clearly make coffee at home and bring it with me. So I'm going to start bringing my coffee from home and not give in to the amazing smell of Starbucks coffee.

Buy:

-Gas

This is obvious. If I need gas then I have to buy it. I don't drive super long distances so a half tank of gas goes a long way for me.

-School

If I need to buy something for school whether that be a book or a project, I'm going to have to buy it. Education is super important and I'm not going to let my No-Spend February get involved with it.

I will write down all the money I've spent for the month and will do a follow-up post at the end of the month. I hope I'll be able to do it and I hope you all will do it too because you'll save up more money for things you want.

I hope you had an awesome day!

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.