How To Actually Save Money

Thursday, February 23, 2017


Hey Everyone,

As you all know I'm saving up for a trip that I'm taking over the summer and it's expensive. I've been taking up extra hours at work because I knew I needed the money and my coworkers know I need the money. It's really hard to save up when you don't really make a lot and you just have to make do with how much you make. I made February a No-Spend February and it kind of went well, but I'll make a separate post for that because I want to go more into detail with that. I've created a few tips on how to actually save money.

1.Make A No-Spend List
As you know by now February was my no-spend month. I've had some hiccups here and there, but for the most part, its going pretty well. It really helped me because I was able to change my mindset into not spending as much as I usually do. I just created a list of things I can't spend my money on and things I can so that helped me a lot. If you are good with budgets then this would be perfect for you.
2.Let People Know That You Want To Save
I told everyone about my no spend month. My coworkers at work knew about it. My family members knew about it. My friends knew about it. Every single time I wanted to buy something that I didn't need, they would say "Madeline its no spend February" or "you need the money for Costa Rica" and this helped me so much. When my friends and coworkers told me this, I was brought back to reality and I told myself that I needed the money for Costa Rica.
3.Don't Use Your Credit Card
That plastic card could ruin your life. You could be spending all this money that you don't have and when it comes to that credit card statement coming in, you're not able to pay which could land you with so much debt. I only use my credit card for emergencies and I use it on things I can afford. A foolproof way to save money is to not use your credit card frivolously because it will really hurt you in the long run.

Well, I hope this will all help you out with all your money saving adventures. Saving money so hard when there are so many cute things you could be buying, but it'll all be worth it in the end.
I hope you all had a great day today!

How do you save money?

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.