My Thoughts On The Polish Ad That Went Viral | Blogmas Day #7

Wednesday, December 7, 2016


Hello, Everyone!

A lot of you may know that I'm polish. My parents are born there, I have family over there, and I speak it as well. I am really proud of being polish unlike a lot of other first generation Polish-Americans. I have so much pride in Poland that when America and Poland verse each other in a sports game, I always root for Poland before America. I love Poland.

This Polish holiday ad went viral a couple days ago and for really good reasons. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you all.

Here it is if you haven't watched it yet. I highly recommend watching it.



My Thoughts:

I had an idea of what this commercial consisted of. I thought "oh he's going to learn English in 3 months and it'll be all puppies and rainbows " WELL I WAS WRONG. He practiced and practiced and practiced. The sole determination and motivation to learn English actually made me cry. actual tears.
I think what brought me to tears is that I know first-hand at how hard it is to learn English if you are not a native speaker and how much practice you need. My parents have both lived in America for 20+ years and yet my dad struggles the most with his English. When I was little I always laughed at him if he pronounced a certain word wrong, but now as I have matured I see how frustrating it is for him.

I am constantly called to write his text messages, emails, spell checking, and formatting sentences for him. I think that's the only reason why I cried because I understand what's like to struggle with learning a new language.

What I love about this commercial is that it does show determination and motivation for the man to learn English. Towards the end of the commercial, it's evident that his son immigrated to England, got married, and had a child. He's learning English so he can communicate with his son's wife and his grandson and that is so beautiful. They added humor to it and a dog so that's automatically a hit.

These were just my thoughts that I wanted to share. The topic of immigrants have been a controversial issue this year and I would like to remind everyone that immigrants are people too even if they don't know your language. Please accept anyone who is an immigrant and please help people who do not know English really well.

I hope you enjoyed this post. See you all tomorrow.






Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.