5 Tips To Incoming Freshmen

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Summer is slowly coming to an end and school is fast approaching. Many people will start their first year of high school and it can be quite scary because you don't know what to expect. I, for one, was a nervous wreck my first day of high school and it was rough.Here are some tips for incoming freshmen this year.

1. Start Studying This Year. I can't tell you how much i stress this to other incoming freshmen that i know. I started understanding that grades are important my junior year and by then it was too late to get my GPA up to where i wanted it to be. If someone were to tell me that freshmen year grades are going to matter i would study so hard, but no one told me. Start studying this year and actually care about freshmen year.

2. Get Involved. School offcials are constantly going to tell you to "get involved" and it's true. You meet so many different people in these clubs or sports and it's fun knowing that you get to do what you like with your friends. It's also good for college applications to see that you've made a committment to a specefic club for 4 years.

3. Don't Get Too Nervous. It's inevitable that on your first day you'll get nervous. I was nervous for two weeks for the first day of high school so much so that i couldn't sleep for those two weeks. The first day of high school wasn't even that nerve wracking in my opinion. I got lost, but I'm positive almost everyone got lost on their first day of high school. It's hard coming from a small junior high and then going to this huge school not knowing where anything is.

4. Don't Procrastinate. Oh the lovely procrastination. We've all procastinated once or twice or all of the time during school. I can't tell you how many times i had a huge paper due the next morning and i procrastinated the night before and i stayed up till two in the morning and stressing out to finsih it. I advise you to start your paper as early as possible and start studying for test the day it is assigned so you don't forget and you get the highest grade as possible on your tests and papers. DON'T PROCRASTINATE.

5. Write Everything Down. Writing things down is so so important. I've found myself countless of times stressing out because i forgot my homework at school because i didn't write it down. Your school probably gives you a planner in the beginning of the year to write down all of your school assignments. Those planners aren't the cutest of planners so i recommend getting a cuter planner from Target if you live in the United States. Whenever your teacher tells you what your homework for that night is don't forget to write it down because you will eventually forget unless you have an amazing memory. This is so important if you want to be on top of things in high school.


Thanks for reading!

What was your first day of high school like?

Join the conversation!

  1. You've wrote some amazing tips down - I think they will help so many people too! I think the tip about writing things down is so important. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! i really appreciate the comment!

      Delete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.