4 Essentials That You Need For College

Wednesday, September 12, 2018


When I first started college, I didn't know what to bring. Although I went to a community college first, I still didn't know what to bring. Should I bring my laptop?  Should I bring my textbooks? I had all these questions swirling in my head the night before my classes started. As I began to see what worked and what didn't work and I'm going to give you five essentials that you need for college. These things actually saved me from boredom and stress many times.

-Planner

I've talked about how a planner is essential for college. If you don't have a planner, you will literally die. A planner is important because you just have to write everything down or else you'll be screwed. Professors are interesting because they'll only say when something is due once and they'll never mention it again, so it's up to you to remember it. By having a planner, you'll be one step ahead of the professor and everyone because you'll write everything down in your planner. I'm currently using the bullet journal system and I'm loving it so far. In all honesty, a planner is a must in college.

-Laptop

Now, a laptop isn't really important to take to class because some professors hate electronics in their classes and some don't. So it's a hit or miss, but I think it's important to have because you can get a head start on any homework or papers that you need to get done for a class or finish a paper or homework assignment during class because that's what I did all the time. If you have some downtime, you can always watch some youtube videos at the library before your class and that can keep you at ease. I think a laptop is an essential thing that you definitely need for college.

-Different Colored Pens

I've heard so many professors and teachers say over the years, is to take your notes in different colored pens or pen in general. They say that you are able to retain more information while taking notes and then make your notes look more put together. I think different colored pens are essential because they make your notes look really cute and they actually make me want to study them too. I love the G2 Pilot Pens, felt tip pens, and so many more.

-A Good Backpack

I remember in high school where my backpack weighed about 25 pounds and I had a terrible backpack that literally made me walk slouched. I've had my current backpack which is an UnderArmor backpack for about two years now and it's amazing! I highly recommend investing a good backpack that is waterproof and has good back support as well. I used a tote bag for my first semester and I really regretted it because my shoulder hurt so much after each class. It may look cute with your outfit, but your shoulder isn't going to feel cute at all.

I hope everyone enjoyed this post and I hope everyone is killing it at school right now. I haven't been getting a ton of homework, but I know for sure it'll hit me hard. College is quite exciting and I'm having so much fun. I'm planning some blog posts and currently in the process of planning blogtober posts so that's exciting!

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you all soon!

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.