How To Get A 4.0 In College

Thursday, August 16, 2018


I never got a 4.0 in high school because no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get it. The thing I realized after I graduated high school and moved onto college, was that my study routine and habits were really bad. So when I began college, I strived to perfect my study routine/habits to get the 4.0 that I wanted. I managed to get the 4.0 that I wanted, even it was for two semesters, nonetheless, I felt proud of myself. I've created a list of things I did in order to achieve a 4.0 in college.

-Stop Procrastinating

This is a hard one to overcome when youtube and Netflix exists, but it's essential to stop procrastinating. If you have 3 papers and two exams due in the same week, you have to put those distractions aside and focus on the tasks at hand. I know it's hard and I've done it so many times before. A Try Guys marathon isn't going to get you a 4.0, you have to prioritize and conquer those assignments. Instead of leaving it for tomorrow, do it today instead. YOU GOT THIS!

-PLAN

Imagine this....It's midnight and I checked my planner for any homework assignments for the next day and I noticed there's a homework assignment due that I had a temporary relapse on. I have a mini panic attack, but I get it done regardless and on time. This is all thanks to my trusty planner. A planner is an essential item in getting a 4.0 because there's so much going on in college that you just have to write it all down or else you're bound to forget it.

-Do Assignments/Study Early

This tip goes half in half with the procrastination tip. It's better to start assignments early because you never want a professor can spring on you. I've had so many instances when a professor decided to move up an assignment due date or an exam due date. Sometimes these assignments can take you longer than expected all while you have other assignments for other classes to complete. This is the same way with studying, especially studying for exams that aren't your strongest subject.

-Actually, Read The Book

The book is really important. Professors know that students don't read the book and then they add questions from the book on the exam. This is what professors do in order to get students to read the book. Also, you get extra information that the professor didn't cover the lecture. So your book is a great tool to utilize during your college years. You may not want to read it and it may be boring, but it's important.

-Take Good and Effective Notes

THIS IS SO SO IMPORTANT. When it comes to studying for exams, you'll immediately go straight to your notes. This is an essential tip in order to achieve a 4.0 in college. You don't have to write everything down, but if the professor adamantly says "write this down because it'll show up on the exam" WRITE IT DOWN! You can use a laptop to take notes and you do it the old-fashioned way. I like using both so whatever makes you feel like you're effectively taking notes, go for it. You can also use different colored pens, highlighters, and washi tape to make you actually want to take notes for class if not, you'll hate yourself when exam season comes around.

-Ask Your Professors Questions

I'm sure you're professor said this once, "don't be afraid to ask questions because I'm sure someone else has the same question too" or "no question is a stupid question" and they're so right. If you don't understand something, ask a question. I'm sure someone has the same question as you. If you're too nervous to ask a question. ask it after class. Nothing is worse than not understanding something clearly and trying to figure it out on your own. It's the worst feeling. I usually wait until class is over to ask the professor a question because they can really explain it to me in detail and with clarity instead of just giving me a quick answer due to the time restraint. Never be afraid to ask questions either.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and I'm excited that school is starting up again really soon. I hope you all get that 4.0 this semester and I'll see you all soon!

Pin This!

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.