The Skincare Tag

Thursday, May 24, 2018



2018 is the year of the skincare routine. I see more and more people using different types of skincare brands and I love it. I love my skincare. I love watching people's skincare routines on YouTube just see if I can add another step. I love just seeing my skin improve little by little and it's such a great feeling. I've done numerous posts about my skincare routine, but those are a specific type of posts. I found this tag that was up my alley. This will have you guys get to know my skincare preferences and a little more about me.

1. Skin Type?
My skin type is a combination at the moment. I’m oily around my t-zone as well as having dry areas on my cheeks. My face gets super oily in the summer and super dry in the winter which is understandable given the climate here in Chicago.

2. Skincare Product Storage?
Most of my skincare products live on my makeup storage/knick-knack storage. The products that I use less often are in one the drawers.

3. Favorite Ingredient?
My favorite ingredient would probably have to be tea tree oil. I’ve used many products over the years that contain tea tree oil and it has improved my skin a lot. I love the burn that it leaves because I feel like it’s really doing its job.

4.Most Indulgent Product?
It has to be my Clinique moisture surge moisturizer. The clique lady told me to go with the bigger size because it’ll last longer. my wallet cried a little, but I bought it in December and it looks like I haven’t even touched it. It cost me around $50, but I am seeing the results. I highly recommend this moisturizer as well. An about a year ago, I bought a few items from Glossier and that was pretty indulgent. It was so worth it in the end. You can read about my love affair with Glossier here.

5.Best Budget Buy?
The best budget buys that I really recommend are under-eye patches from Forever 21. They only cost about $4. I've been using them for awhile now and for Forever 21, it really works. I usually use them when I look like I'm dead and after I use them, I don't look as dead as I usually do.



6.Any Tools?
Cue tips are the loves of my life. Cue tips can put on some Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, swipe off some mascara transfer on your eyelid, and they can take off anything. One of my all-time favorite tools. 

7.Best Mask?
I love a good ole sheet mask. I love how easy and convenient they are and they really work. I love the tony-Moly sheet masks because they are so cute and they have so many different masks for so many different issues that you can have. They are really inexpensive if you look in the right places. 

8.Best Multi-Use?
I haven't found a product that could be multi-use. Coconut oil is a good multi-use product that I've used over the years, but I don't use it as often as I used too.

9.Favorite Brand?
My favorite brand would probably be The Body Shop and Mario Badescu. Both brands have really helped me improve my skin over the years and I know that their products work the best for my skin type.

10.Best Spot Treatment?
The best spot treatment that I tried would be the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion and it is amazing. It doesn't completely make a pimple go away, but it really minimizes it drastically the next morning. It is more expensive than most spot treatments, but it does last awhile. I bought mine a year ago and I still have some product left. It's totally worth it.

11.Favorite Skincare Routine Step?
Exfoliation is my favorite step ever. I love it because exfoliation takes off all of the dead skin cells. I always imagine I’m getting new skin due to the exfoliation of my skin. I'm always like "hello new skin" after I exfoliate. I love moisturizing as well. I feel like I'm getting a facial massage and I love how smooth and soft my face feels after I moisturize it.

12.Skincare Wish List
I would love to try anything from Sunday Riley. Specifically, the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil and the Sunday Riley U.F.O face oil, but the price makes my wallet cry. I just want to see if both of these products live up to the hype and is worth the hefty price tag. Hopefully, I will be able to try them soon. Another item that is on my wishlist is anything from Drunk Elephant. The packaging is so cute and different. It has some rave reviews so I would like to try their products as well.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and I'm so happy that I'm getting back to the swing of things!

I'll see you all soon!

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.