I'm Alone On Valentines Day And I'm Ok With That.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018


"Madeline, do you have a boyfriend?"
"Madeline, you got a mans yet?"
"Madeline, where's your boy?"

These questions have grown in increasing over the past couple years. I just wave them off or just exclaim in a simple "nowhere" or "I don't have one YET" because I don't why they care so much. I understand that people are nosy because I'm a nosy person as well, but to ask the same question every single year, now that is a little too much.

Valentines Day is a day that is full of flowers, chocolate, love, and a lot of Instagram posts showcasing couple's love. Most of these Instagram posts are really cute and make me imagine what my life could be with someone in my life. Sometimes it makes me sad knowing that so many of my friends have boyfriends and I have yet to have one and those questions really do get to me.

I've realized over the years that Valentines Day is just receiving love from significant others. It's receiving love from family, friends, and most importantly yourself.  I talk about Why I Love Myself in this blog post and I think it's incredibly important to love yourself first before any other significant other.

This why I'm perfectly fine with being alone on Valentines Day because I love myself and I'm not entirely alone on Valentines Day either. I have family, friends, and coworkers that I love so much and vice versa that I'm surrounded by.

I hope your Valentines Day is filled with flowers, chocolates, and unconditional love. If you're celebrating Galentines Day, GIRL I AM WITH YOU!

I hope you all have a great day and I'll see you all soon!

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.