Did I Reach My Resolutions For 2017?

Tuesday, January 2, 2018


2017 flew by way too fast. I say that every year, but 2017 really did fly by. I wanted to revisit the goals or resolutions that I created for myself back in 2016. I'm going, to be honest, I forgot what I actually wrote down so it will be interesting to see if I actually made a dent in my goal.

Here it goes!

Blog

-Devote More Time

I'd like to say that I devoted more time to my blog. I feel like I created more blog posts that I actually enjoyed writing and I put more detail into my blog posts in 2017. While I did take a couple breaks to become creative again, I think I bounced back and created some great blog posts.

-Take Better Photos

One of my goals in 2017 was to take better photos for my blog posts because I believe that a picture is worth more than words. A great picture is what draws the reader in and I wanted to readers to be enticed by the photo that I took. I read "Capture Your Style" by Aimee Song and that really helped me in taking better photos in 2017.

-Promote More

I used Instagram a lottttt more in 2017 than I did when I first created my Instagram account. I actually had a really nice theme for a while until I messed it up, but it's ok.  I looked at my traffic from my Instagram account and I brought in a lot when I promoted my blog on Instagram.

School

-Study Harder

I'd like to proudly say that I did study hard and I did get good grades in 2017. In my second semester, I got a 3.8 GPA and I got a 4.0 GPA during my study abroad in Costa Rica. I've never had that high of GPA ever in my school career ever and I'm so happy that I was able to do that for myself.

-Get Involved

Yeah, I didn't really get involved in any clubs at my school. 

Money

-Save up $4,000

I did save up enough to pay for my trip to Costa Rica and I saved some more money for general expenses and souvenirs while I was there. I did a lot of No-Spend months because I didn't then I wouldn't be able to go to Costa Rica.

-Make a Budget

Me a budget? why would I ever think that I would stick to a budget? In 2017, I spent money on things that I didn't need and junk food so that's where that lies. Hopefully, in 2018, I can stop spending my money so frivolously and begin saving because I really need to this year.

Health

-Stick To A Skincare Routine

If you read my "Skincare Routine", you can see that I finally found a skincare routine that works for me and that I actually love doing every day and night. I'm finally seeing results and I'm so happy that my skin is finally clearing up. I'll be doing an acne journey blog post later in the year and I'm so excited for you all to read it.

-Eat Healthy

I'd like to think I ate healthy, but I probably ate healthy for the first month of 2017 and then that was it. I tried to incorporate some healthy aspects into my diet over the year and some of it stuck. I drank more water this year and I didn't eat as much junk food as usual. I hope 2018, I can get more on the healthy track and be more aware of what I put into my body.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and I hope you had a great 2018 so far. I hope 2018 will be a year full of peace and love. 2017 was just a mess in my opinion and I hope 2018 can make up what 2017 failed to be.

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.