Why Girls Can Rule The World. | Blogtober #11

Wednesday, October 11, 2017


I know this isn't your typical blogtober post, but this something that I would like to address.

In honor of National Girl's Day, I just want to reflect on girls and all women for that matter, As a women, myself, I can see first hand how women of all colors are being treated on a daily basis.

An event happened recently where my 13-year-old sister came to me crying one day. She told me that a boy called her and her friend "bitches" because he could. She began to tell me that he stated that "just because you think you feel so mighty and powerful because of the things that are happening right now." and there are more sexist sayings as well. She was playing a game with her friend and the boy's little sister. FOURSQUARE. You can imagine how enraged I was. I wanted to go over there and punch him in the face.

I got to thinking, why would a boy call my sister such derogatory terms for absolutely nothing? He felt inferior. He needed to use those terms in order to be superior to her. He sees more women becoming strong and confident and he feels threatened. Many men, like him, feel threatened by women. because they that we can truly rule the world if we wanted too.

We see first-hand examples of how women when we come together, can change so much. The "black protest" in Poland last year gathered over 17,000 women and men, mostly women to protest the complete ban of abortion rights no matter the situation. This protested lasted a couple days and Poland's legislation overruled that ban due to national media coverage that the protest was getting. See what we can do if we come together. We can actually rule the world.

In the next coming years, I hope to see us, women come together to fight for ourselves. We should not be treated the way that we are treated. We should not cry because some boy called us "bitches". We must keep our heads held high and be strong and confident and believe that we are worth more than what they call us.

We are women.
We are strong.
We are confident.
We can do anything we want.
We can rule the world.

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.