My Updated Skincare Routine | Blogtober #25

Sunday, October 29, 2017


I haven't done an updated skincare routine in a while. As I look back on my previous "skincare routines" I actually cringe. I used baby wipes and toner in the morning. BABY WIPES AND TONER. Did I really think that that was a great skincare routine? hell yeah, I did. As I began researching about many people's skincare routine, I decided to switch it up. I came up with a skincare routine that I more or less stick to and I wanted to share it with all.

Here is my updated skincare routine:





Cleansers

I researched that it was good to have more than one facial wash in your routine. Over time your skin gets's immune to the ingredients that are present in your facial wash and that means that it won't work as well. I learned that a "cleanser rotation" is perfect. In my rotation, I use the "Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser" and the "Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser." I use them every other day and I switch off between the two. So far, it looks like it's working pretty well.


Toner

This product has made an appearance on my blog before. It is called the "Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Mattifying Toner." I love this toner so much and I can't rave about it enough. I use this after I cleanse my face and it really get's rid of any oil or dirt that my face wash missed.  The tea tree oil in it leaves a slight burning sensation after I use it, but I know that it's working because I can feel it.


Exfoliator

Exfoliating the face is incredibly important because it gets rid of all the dead skin that has accumulated on your face over time. This way your skin can breathe and your skin can heal its self.I recently received this as a free sample and I really like it. It has charcoal in it which helps with blackheads while it exfoliates. I use it two times a week so my skin can still create those dead skin cells. So it's a 2-in-1 and I will definitely repurchase a bigger product.


Moisturizer

If you've read my Glossier Review that I posted recently, you would know that I LOVE this moisturizer. It makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. I go into more detail in my review so make sure to check that out. This will definitely be a repurchase of mine.


Eye Cream

As I'm growing older, I started to realize that my circles under my eyes were getting darker and darker due to lack of sleep (whoops). So I wanted to get a nice eye cream and I started looking. I was recently contacted by Reviews.com and they asked me if I could look at their page specifically for eye creams. Needless to say, I love it. This article(you can read it here) goes so in depth with which eye creams are the best for what problem areas. Wrinkles, dark circles, puffy eyes etc. you name it, they probably have a specific product for that area. I like this eye cream pen from Skyn because it's so cooling and it's so portable too.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and I'll see you all in my next blogtober post!

What Is Your Favorite Part Of Your Skincare Routine?

Join the conversation!

  1. I think for me my favourite of my skin care routine is my Luna oil. I have noticed my skin isn't as oily when I use it. Great post!

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo I've never heard of Luna oil before. I'll have to research it. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.