A Glossier Haul

Thursday, September 28, 2017


I caved. I finally bought something from Glossier. After years of looking at that minimalist color palette and aesthetically pleasing products on social media and YouTube videos, I bought myself a birthday present. I think I deserve it. I've never been so excited to try products in my life and here I a writing a haul....Oh wow.

Here are the things that I bought, but first I'm going to talk about the packaging and presentation that the products came in.

Unboxing Section and Packaging:

The packaging of Glossier is nothing like I've ever seen. It feels like you're opening something that would make you feel so cool and it did. When I opened the box I felt so enveloped with that iconic dusty pink color with a quote right as you open it.


All the products were packaged in the iconic pink bubble-wrap bag that I was more excited for than the products, to be honest. It was all so organized and perfectly packaged that I didn't want to take the products out. In other words, Glossier gets an award for the best packaging in terms of getting your products award from me.



NOW here are the products that I bought:


Phase 1($40):

When I first began my "small" shopping spree, I went start to the bundles or "Phases" as Glossier calls it. I think that buying in bundles is the cheapest and it just makes more sense in my book. If you bought each product individually it would cost over $50, so it's
much cheaper to go with a bundle.

Milky Jelly Cleanser: 

This is the first product that Glossier ever released and I just wanted to try out the OG products to see what the vision of the brand was when they first began. I heard a lot of mixed reviews on this product so I wanted to judge it myself to see if the reviews are right or wrong in my opinion. I really want to see if this cleanser helps my acne and I want to see if I see a change in my skin at all.

Priming Moisturizer:

I was in desperate need for a new moisturizer. It just so happened that Phase 1 included this moisturizer so I'm internally grateful to Glossier for including this bundle. I love the tube packaging because I feel like I can get more product out when it's nearing the end of its moisturizing career. I love the design aspect of this product as well. It just looks so pleasing to the eye. I could stare at it all day and not be bored.

Mint balmdotcom:

Who doesn't need ANOTHER lip balm? because I sure do. I love lip balms. They save my lips from being dry and feeling like they're on fire in the fall/winter time. This lip balm, in particular, was really interesting to me because it's a universal salve. So you can use it on your lips, dry skin, or anywhere really. When I had the choice to pick a flavor, I went straight to mint. I love anything minty because I love that colling/burning sensation on my lips. I'm really excited to see if this does anything to my lips.

Stretch Concealer in Light ($18):

I was perfectly fine with just buying Phase 1, but in order to get free shipping, you had to buy a second product so I bought the stretch concealer. Glossier didn't hype this product up as much as some of the other products they've previously released. So I decided to try it out because I want to see why this wasn't as hyped out and I'm a sucker for concealers so I just had too.


I wouldn't spend the amount of money that I spent on these products for any other thing, but I'm not even mad. I'm genuinely really wanted to try their products because I truly believe in their message and their brand. I actually wrote an article on my other blog "The Haute Journal" about Glossier. You can read it here. In that article, I talk about how Glossier is such a big force in the beauty industry and it's definitely evident in the blogosphere and social media.

I hope everyone enjoyed this post and I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

P.S. Make sure to follow me on Instagram where I'm ACTUALLY stepping it up. Aimee Song would be so proud. Also, follow me on Pinterest as I'm super active on there as well.

Have you tried any products from Glossier? if so, which ones?

Join the conversation!

  1. I love the Glossier products I've tried! You will have to update us on the priming moisturizer :) I love the balm dot coms and the Cloud Paint!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try the cloud paints so bad!

      Delete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.