How to Survive Junior Year

Monday, October 26, 2015


Hello Everyone,
Today I will be making a post for all my juniors in high school. Let me tell you, junior year was probably the most stressful year of my schooling career. You have the ACT which will determine what college you go to. You have your grades which are the most important grades because this is the year that colleges look at most. On top of that you have jobs to look for and your parents are probably mentioning college already so you would probably be at your wits end at this point. Since i’m a senior i know how you feel and how you should deal with this kind of stress.

  1. Write Everything Down.
As i previously said in my “5 Tips for Freshmen” writing everything down is an essential for being successful in school. If you don’t write it down in a planner or something then you will forget it. No matter how good of a memory you have, you will forget it eventually.
  1. Study in Advance
This is so important. This is probably what people don’t do and people always leave things to the last minute. Studies shown that if you study for 30 minutes 2 weeks before an exam then you would retain as much or maybe even more in maybe a couple hours than you would be cramming for a test. So if you want to ace every test then this would be a good thing for you.
  1. Take ACT Prep Courses
Oh the dreaded ACT. I really really hate the ACT so much. I don’t like how a test has to determine what college you can go to and you're reading, english, math, and science profrencies. I’ve taken the ACT 4 times and it hasn’t increased at all. I’ve taken an ACT prep course and it actually helped me a little bit. It did increase my score 3 points so that's all that matters. If you have $300 or more to dish out on ACT prep courses do it. If you don’t then buy an ACT prep book and study from that.
  1. List your Priorities
There will be a point where you're going to have a paper, a project, and a math test all due on the same day. Don’t worry, I’ve been there and i know how it feels. What i did is i wrote down a list of what things i had to do first and what would be the easiest thing to complete first.
  1. Have Fun
Junior year was probably my most fun school year ever. I went to more school events and i went to more football games that my school hosted even though we lost half the time. It was still so much fun. Despite having so much homework that you have to do the next day go out and have fun! you’ll only be a junior once so make it count!
  1. Don’t Stress Out Too Much
Junior year is probably the most stressful year just because colleges look at it the most. There were times where i would sit on my bed at 1 am and stress out about my grades, college, and other things. When you feel stressed out, just take a deep breath and clear your mind. That technique would help you keep your mental health at bay for the time being.
  1. Don’t Compare Yourself To Others
This is the most important one. When the ACT scores were released everyone was asking everyone what their ACT score was. Some of my friends had way high scores and mine were just average and i felt like i wasn’t good enough and how i won’t get into college with my ACT score. The truth is you are worth more than your ACT score or your grades. You are your own person and the other people who have better scores than you don’t matter. YOU DO YOU!

Thanks for reading!
I feel like such a lousy person for not posting as much as i say i do. I try to keep on my blogging schedule, but its just not working out. I’ll post more this week i promise!

What are your tips for surviving high school?

Join the conversation!

  1. Lovely tips!<3
    I agree too much with number 5 and 6. Have fun and no stress is really important to stay happy :D

    Regards,
    a-cupofrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?..

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.