An Anti-Haul | Blogtober #27

Thursday, November 2, 2017


I've seen these types of posts all over the blogosphere and Youtube. It's really interesting and I really like the concept. In a world, where there is the "gotta have it" mentality, this combats it all. consumerism is a very strong aspect of our lives and to see something that combats consumerism. It's really refreshing. Most of these are beauty related because this originated from a YouTuber named Kimberly Clark and she/he only mentioned beauty products.

Here is what is on my anti-haul:


The Fenty Beauty: Galaxy Collection

I am all for Rihanna's first collection. This Galaxy collection....I'm not really sure about it. I just don't think I would use anything from the collection because I just don't like the colors. I just know I wouldn't use any of the colors in the eyeshadow palette especially. It's a fun collection, but I am not one to wear a yellow eyeshadow or wear a bubblegum pink lipstick because I'm not that bold. I think this collection would look amazing on WOC though.

Huda Beauty: Desert Dusk Palette

I think this palette is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors that Huda chose and I love how they all work with one another. I just think that they just won't look good on me. In my opinion, the colors are very bright and I like more neutral/muted colors. I'm also not willing to pay $65 for a palette that has similar colors that my Modern Renassaince palette has.If it was a little cheaper, then maybe I would consider it.

Any Holiday-Esque Products

Let's be real here, the holidays are where beauty companies get the most money. It's really understandable though. Due to consumers buying som many things around the holidays, these makeup companies create special holiday products specifically for the holidays. I never really understood the hype around these special products. I think these companies use the same types of eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers, etc that they have currently and just plaster some snowflakes or use holiday type packaging. It's safe to say that I won't be buying a holiday type product because honestly, I don't need anymore.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and I'll see you all soon!

What Products Are You Not Going To Buy?

Join the conversation!

  1. I agree with most of these, though I did buy one holiday set from Stila! I don't think I'd get much use out of the Galaxy palette, either.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the Fenty beauty products either. I dislike the packaging and the range colours isn't that appealing. I don't really see what's so special... x

    www.serenbird.com

    ReplyDelete

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.