August Goals

Thursday, August 3, 2017


It is the month of "The Dog Days." The term, "The Dog Days" means the hottest days of the year and it's so true. Not only is it the hottest month, it is a month where there is a lot going on. I start my sophomore year of college in 2 weeks (what the heck?) and I just have a lot planned this month. I just figured that if I created some goals for this month, then I'll be able to stay on track!

Blog
-Plan blog posts for August, September, and Blogtober

I've noticed that if I have a blog post written down for a certain day then I'll most likely follow through with it. Also, if I can see all of the blog posts in one spread then I can see which blog posts go out when. I might possibly be doing blogtober because I want to conquer the act of daily blogging, but seeing how much of a disaster blogmas was for me last year, I'm not really sure. I want to motivate myself to plan out my blog posts and follow through.

-Make a Twitter For My Blog

I've been blogging for two years and I haven't come around to make a twitter for my blog. I'm really sure why I've been putting that on the back burner, but I want to make sure that its going to happen in August.



School
-Start Strong

They say that if you start strong then you won't have to worry about calculating what grade you have to get on the final in order to get that 89.5. That's why I need to start strong when school starts because then I won't have to stress out later in the semester.

-Finish All Homework Before Work Starts or Before 8 pm

I love to procrastinate my work to the night before its due. I may not love it then, but I sure love procrastinating everything. This is why I want to get all my homework done before I start work or before 8 pm. That way I can give myself a relaxing night of doing whatever I wanted.


Life
-Exercise For 30 Minutes Every Day

I don't exercise. plain and simple. A 19-year-old like me should be exercising daily, but I don't do it at all. I mean I walk a lot at work and in daily life, but walking doesn't count. In August, I want to get into the habit of exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Whether that be yoga, cardio, some sort of weights, or a workout. I feel that I could gradually up the time limit and create a great workout routine for myself.

-Drink Two Water Bottles Every Day

Daily hydration is a must and I haven't been doing well in that regard. I used to drink one water bottle a day, but I want to do more. So my goal is to drink at least two water bottles a day and I hope there will be some positive reactions to this goal. All I know is that I'll be going to the bathroom a lot.

-Limit Sugar Intake

It's a fact that I eat sugar a little too much.I ate a cookie cake slice yesterday and if that says anything then I don't know what does. I want to combat that by adding foods with natural sugars instead of artificial sugar. When doing this I hope my skin will clear up and have more energy to do things.

Well, these are my goals for the month of August. August is one of my favorite months despite it being so hot. I'm really excited for August and I hope you all conquer all of your goals for this month!

Join the conversation!

© FreeSpiritized. Design by FCD.